Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Customer Service

These days it seems like places are lacking in the customer service area. I hate when you enter a store, restaurant, doctor's office, etc. and the people who are supposed to welcome us make us feel worse for entering their establishment. I can think of 3 places right off the top of my head that make me feel this way. If you ask them for help with something, often times they make you feel like you have asked them to cut off their right arm!

However, I must say that there are also 3 places that I frequently go that have exceptional service!

  1. Chick-Fil-A. They have to have the best service known to man! When you walk in, you find yourself in a nice clean friendly environment. The cashiers are waiting for you. You never have to stand in front and wait for someone to help you. My personal favorite thing is that when you ask them for something (more sauce, a straw, extra cup, or whatever) they always say "my pleasure." I just love going there. Also, if you send them an email thanking them for their services, you get a coupon for a free chicken sandwich! I know from experience!!
  2. In-n-Out Burger. Again, friendly service and clean surroundings. You never feel like you are bothering them by placing an order. It doesn't hurt that their food is yummy either! There is one particular place with a goofy clown that doesn't always make you feel as good!
  3. Hilgers Pediatric Dentistry. So, Carson has had us at the dentist 5 times in the last 6 months! Lets just say, he had to have some work done. Anyway, the receptionist here has to be the nicest girl around. She always greets you with "how are you today?" She talks in the nicest tone. It isn't phony, I really think she is just a super nice person! There is a certain receptionist at another doctor's office I visit that isn't so kind (Cheryl and Bridgette you know who I mean!)

I guess the moral of the story is that I really appreciate the people who actually take time to make their customers feel happy when they enter their door. I worked in customer service for a long time and sometimes it is hard to always have a happy face or voice, but it really does make a difference for the person you are providing a service for. And I decided that I am going to do my best to thank the people who show exceptional service!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing the positive examples. It's always nice when people can see the bright side of things. Your mom and I spent some time on Sunday night frustrated with a person that always seems to find the dark side of things. Did she tell you about that?

Rachel said...

Oh, and by the way, it's early day!

Diane said...

Great idea! That's one of my pet peeves! It's nice when someone actually makes you feel like they want you there.

Unknown said...

I miss In 'N Out!!!!

Lyenna Kemp said...

Speaking of In N' Out, I heard they are trying to get one here in Utah. I thought that was impossible because they need super fresh produce, but I guess they are working out a way to get that produce within 24 hours. I hope the rumors are true because it is so yummy.

Jen said...

I totally agree on the Chic-fil-it besides the fact that it is my favorite fast food place they have the best customer service, they even will refill my drink!

♥Concerned♥ said...

I TOTALLY know what you mean about Chick-fil-A!! They are SO awesome EVEN at the window!!

P.S. They have an In n Out in Utah. It opened last year in St. George. Just off i-15 at exit 10 for those who pass through.

SuAnn McFadden said...

I just heard on the radio that 'In N' Out' is coming to Draper in September! Woo-hoo. But that means, now that we have Ikea & Cheesecake Factory, that I won't ever have to go to AZ again. Oh, wait. . .I have three adorable grandkids to visit there!!