Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's a Jungle Out There!

The week of Christmas is rained quite a bit here. Not too long before the rain, we gave our lawn a second round of fertilizer. Well, we came back from spending just over a week in Utah and the grass was so very long! There were some areas where it nearly came to my knee!




Katelyn loves to go outside. We usually just crack the door open just a bit and she wanders in and out at her own leisure. The first day back from our trip, she had gone outside and I realized I hadn't heard from her for a little bit. I look outside and you can barely see the top of her head as she is sitting in the tallest patch of grass. She was pulling out grass and feeding it to Sadie. (this picture was from another spot she was sitting in.) I guess another thing to point out is that yes, in January it is warm enough to let my kids wander around with no pants on!

Here is the cat taking a break in the cool grass!

I just thought I would include these recent shots of Katelyn. When you take her picture you get two faces. This one where she scrunches up her face.



Or this one where she merely just looks at you! She is so cute either way!


7 comments:

liv said...

So cute!! Man I am jealous of your great weather. Today we went out for a walk and we had to bundle Olivia all up. I'm looking forward to spring..
Hope all is well for you and your fam.

Rachel said...

After you guys went home, we were able to take care of our yard, too. We shoveled the sidewalks. Josh said he prefers to mow. He likes mowing. I actually like to mow too. Maybe we're ready for spring.

Diane said...

She is a doll! Just makes you want to squish her!!

Looking at that tall grass really gives me spring fever.

The Harding Hive said...

Oh, I am so jealous of that beautiful green grass and great weather. Can I come and visit? Your baby is such a beauty!!!

Kimberly said...

It's been such a long time since I've seen green grass....love it! Oh, and that picture of Kate is so cute!

Bridgette said...

That last picture is my favorite. That is the sweetest look! What a cutiepie.

Lyenna Kemp said...

Oh Megan, Could your kids possibly be any cuter? I sooooo long for warm weather.