Thursday, November 13, 2008

Birthday, Bike Rides, and a Big Mess...

For Kelly's birthday he got to go to the Monday night football game, Arizona Cardinals vs the 49ers. He had such a fun time with his buddy, Freeman! Here are some pictures of his evening out.



Kelly and Freeman at their tailgate party. There were several other people they work with at the game, so they all hung out together before it started.







This picture is of Kurt Warner, Arizona's QB, being interviewed by Emmitt Smith and Steve Young. This was Kelly's closest encounter to "famous people!"





Our kids favorite activity, as of late, is going on bike rides. Now that it is cooler, it is a lot more enjoyable to ride our bikes.





This is Katelyn's first time in the bike trailor. She had a pretty good time!



My kitchen does not always look like this. Just when I am cooking 12 dinners all at the same time. I joined 5 other friends in making freezer meals. Each month we decide on two different meals and make them six times. Then we meet together and exchange our meals. So, we end up with an assortment of 12 meals that are frozen and ready to cook.



It was quite the ordeal the first time around. I did not plan very well and I ended up shopping and cooking all the same day. I don't recommend it. But, now I know what to do for next month.



After a long day of cooking and mess making, this is what my finished project looked like. Today was our exchange day. Now I have pizza, soup, enchiladas, quesadillas, stuffed shells, chicken pillows, and cheesy potato casserole in my freezer!





This is how everything looks when it is all said and done! It feels so good knowing I have dinner for 12 nights all ready to go. I don't have to plan a menu and shop for it all, at least for a couple more weeks! Wish me luck in my new endeavor!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty jealous of your freezer meals!! I think I would enjoy that even though I HATE cooking and am not very good at it. But the result is so worth the day of prep! I'm also jealous of your bike rides...we want to get the for us so we can ride with the kdis...we just haven't because they are quite pricey when you don't have any yet!

Unknown said...

I have another friend doing freezer meals right now. It sounds like so much work, but SOOOOOO nice to have all your meals ready for a few weeks! Is it saving you money? Do you like the food you get in return? I'm curious how it all works! And it looks like Kelly had a fun birthday!

Lynette said...

I really, really, really should try this -- but I've never had a kitchen (or a freezer!) big enough! I also don't know anybody in my neighborhood well enough to do an exchange with (another terrific idea!!!).

If it saves $$$, that's always a plus!

Tina said...

wow, good for you!

Marisa said...

I'm with Jennifer ... I'm jealous of your freezer meals too! I also love how large the island in your kitchen is. One of these days I'll get my freezer cooking act together and finally get my freezer full!

I bet Kelly had a great time at the football game ... what a great wife you are arranging for all of that!

HOLLY said...

Sound like fun. I have always wanted to try that. Let me know how it all goes.

Kimberly said...

What an awesome idea! I would love to have that many pre-made meals in my freezer...woo hoo!

Jeta said...

WOW I need to take a page out of your book! Thats a lot of work! How did you get it all done with the little ones underfoot? Nice Job!

Kelley Rae said...

Mark would be so completely jealous - He's such a niners fan despite their terrible record. I really need to try the freezer thing.

Cheryl said...

i love the freezer meals my group does. it's so nice and they lasted our small family a month!

♥Concerned♥ said...

Wow! I need to organize a freezer meal exchange club!!