Friday, December 19, 2008

Here Kitty Kitty....

Our cat, Max, usually goes outside a couple of times a day to run in the bushes or climb the tree. When he is ready to come in, he will sit in our window and meow. This usually happens after 20 minutes or so.


I was talking to a friend at the door and Max ran out. Of course I didn't mind because of his usual routine. Well, a couple of hours pass and I realized that he never came back to the window. The kids wanted to say a prayer. Connor prayed that he would come home safely.

We decided to walk around the block to see if we could see him wandering around anywhere. No luck. I thought maybe when we came back home he would be sitting on the windowsill, no luck.

The evening continued on and several times I opened the front door and called for him. He didn't come. So, off to bed we went, wondering where little Max was. The kids prayed for Max again.

This morning Connor was so sad and thought for sure he needed to stay home to help us look for him! After taking him to school, I made some signs to put up around the neighborhood.

Right when we were getting ready to hang up signs, Kelly heard a meow coming from across the street. Sure enough, it was Max. Kelly brought him inside and Carson was relieved!

This was such a teaching moment for us as parents. First we taught our kids that we can pray to Heavenly Father about anything. Second, we taught them the importance of thanking our Heavenly Father for answering our prayers. So, Carson said a prayer thanking Heavenly Father for letting Max come home safely. It was such a sweet little moment!

Kelly and I learned a lesson as well and headed to PetSmart to get Max a collar and name tag! Now should this happen again, someone can call us if they find him!


Here Max taking a snooze after Kelly had found him. He slept most of the day and Connor explained that it was because "he was worn out from his journey home!"

We will rest easy tonight knowing that our four legged friend is safe and sound!

3 comments:

Justin said...

I'm glad that Max came home safe and sound. I bet the boys will always remember that lesson on prayer.

Heather B said...

I remember when I was little my sister had gone out playing with a new friend and hadn't told my mom where she would be. My mom was pretty worried, and I suggested we said a prayer. As we were getting up from our prayer, she walked in the door. That is still one of my most vivid experiences of Heavenly Father answering prayers. Your boys will remember the experience.

Shantil said...

Those experiences are the most significant, aren't they? Glad your cat came home. :)