I read this tag on Kelly's cousin's blog. Thanks for the idea Tina!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I actually use both. It is always more fun to rip apart paper and then tear through a box, but sometimes a bag is just convenient. Especially if you are trying to disguise something.
2. Real tree or artificial tree? Growing up we always had a real tree. But now it just seems more practical to have an artificial one. So that is what we have!
3. When do you put up your tree? My wish is always to have it up the day after Thanksgiving. I don’t think that has ever actually happened. I don’t like to wait too long though. It seems like as soon as you get everything up and organized, it is time to take it all down!
4. When do you take the tree down? We leave it up until New Year’s. I think it goes back to all the work it takes getting it up in the first place.
5. Do you like eggnog? I used to when I was younger. I don’t care for it much now.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? An Easy Bake Oven and a Walkman with my Wilson Philips and Debbie Gibson tapes. I also loved getting clothes. I once got a black velvet jumper that I absolutely loved. So many times I only wanted new clothes. I am still that way today!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Definitely, Kelly! I always want to find him something real neat, but he is always happy to go without. Because of this, he never has any suggestions for me!
8. Favorite Christmas Memory? I have lots! One of my favorites is that my grandparents would come over Christmas Eve. We would have lots of good food, watch (or go to) a movie, and then my grandma and grandpa would spend the night. I loved waking up and having them there first thing in the morning! Maybe my parents want to carry on that tradition?!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I have a couple. I have a nicer one that I like to stay in one piece and one that the kids can play with.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? I LOVE Christmas cards! The only time of year I enjoy going to the mailbox is in December! I love to get pictures and newsletters and any sort of greeting. However, I do prefer the traditional way. The sticking a stamp on an envelope and mailing it way!
11. Favorite Christmas movie? Hmmm, I like quite a few. A Christmas Carol, especially the Mickey Mouse version. I also like Family Vacation and Miracle on 34th Street.
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Soon after Thanksgiving or if I see a really good deal before then. I can’t do it too early or I will just end up giving it to my kids before hand. Like clothes for example.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I can’t recall. Really.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? This is hard because my family has lots of great food that we only have at Christmastime. A couple of my favorites are Special Breakfast (an egg, cheese, and sausage dish that we have for breakfast,) and Bon-Bons.
15. Lights on the tree? Of course. I love the simplicity of white lights on a tree.
16. Favorite Christmas song? “Silent Night” and “Away in a Manger.”
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Since moving to Arizona we have done both. This year my parents and grandparents are coming here.
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen, and Rudolph.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have a star.
20. Do you open Presents Christmas eve or Christmas day? All presents are opened on Christmas morning at our house. However, in Kelly’s family it is a Dutch tradition to open presents on Christmas Eve. So his family always has a party with his grandpa on Christmas Eve where they open presents with Grandma and Grandpa.
21. The most annoying thing about this time of year? Forgetting the service that should be given this time of year.
22. Favorite ornament theme and color? For years, my tree has been red and silver with white lights. This year I wanted to do red and green with white lights but if you read my last post, you know I now only have white lights!
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Grandma’s homemade rolls and macaroni salad.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I am actually just looking forward to seeing my parents and grandparents. Being together and watching the excitement in my children’s faces.
25. Favorite Christmas tradition? Because traditions are so important to me, I have several favorites. But this is the first one that comes to mind. It sounds silly I know, but I love my family’s annual showing of Family Vacation. Being together and hearing each other laugh is such a happy time! Because we have lived in Arizona for 4 years now, it has been a while since we have seen it all together. But I still think of my family every time I watch it!