Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happenings

Well, a week has come and gone and it is time for a new post! Here are some recent pictures of what we have been up to lately.

This week at Connor's school, they have been celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday. One of the activities they have had was a family picnic and read-a-thon. Last night we took picnic (okay, not a real picnic, we cheated and splurged on the Wendy's value menu) and took some books and hung out in the courtyard at school. They had some little activities like face painting, story tellers, a book exchange, and even a visit from The Cat in the Hat. My battery died so I wasn't able to snap a picture of him, but the kids thought it was neat to see The Cat in the Hat.




For every book you read as a family, you got a stripe to add to The Cat in the Hat. By the end of the night, he had a pretty tall hat!




They had a free book exchange. If you left one of your books you could take one from the pile. I came across this book. I had this exact book when I was a little girl and I loved it! So, this was my pick. I enjoyed looking through it and remembering my younger years!



I am not sure but I think winter is officially over in Phoenix. Earlier this week it was nearly 90 degrees! Today was very nice, although not as warm. The kids managed to dig out their suits to run through the sprinklers. The boys loved it and Kate didn't even want to give it a try!




After about 20 minutes, they were cold and done! It was fun to watch them have a good time and it reminded me of when I was young. We couldn't wait for the first warm day so we could play in the water.

Connor seems so big to me in this picture. I can't believe he is nearing the age of 6! He has grown a lot this year and has learned so much. There are things he is already learning that I don't recall learning in Kindergarten. The other day he said "Mom, Stephen is so weird." I answered "why?" He said "because he thinks 10 plus 9 is 20 and it is really 19." I just got me thinking, all I remember about kindergarten is colors and shapes and simple things like that. Not writing sentences and adding. Right now they are learning about money and is now able to count change. Seems so crazy!

I can't believe it is time again for sunscreen and bathing suits. Winter here seems to be getting shorter and shorter! I will certainly enjoy these nice days while they are here!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. The last few days have been 60 here and Anna wanted to get out the hoses!

Tina said...

Love the pictures of the kids. We woke up to snow today so enjoy the warmth. I would if I were there! And kindergarten IS a lot different then when I was a kid. Amazing how much they learn in that one year but it sure sets the tone for school the rest of their lives.

Anonymous said...

Jealous! It is soo cold here... I can't wait for spring! :)

The Wright's said...

That weather looks fantastic! The thought of running through the sprinklers right makes me take a hot bath and have some hot chocolate. In fact.....got to go, hot chocolate is calling me name!

Unknown said...

Kate's little swimsuit is so cute! All of your kids are. And what a fun family picnin/read-a-thon.

As for you and Aly sharing a friend, she's actually my friend from when we were little and lived in West Valley. So you guys probably went to the same High School, and probably graduated together! So yeah...really small world!

Unknown said...

It made me laugh about Connor saying how weird his friend was for thinking 9+10=20. That's really cute. Your kids are getting big!

Marisa said...

Wow, so much fun! I love the cat in the hat idea ... maybe I'll have to use that at home. My mom came to visit ... probably when you guys were at 90° last week. What a shock to her system to go from our amywhere from 10-30° to the 90° you guys have. I'm so jealous....

Lyenna Kemp said...

Megan I love the pictures you post. It's like we get to live it with you. OH How I long for summer and warmth. I am getting cabin fever. I can't wait to throw shorts and flip flops on and let the kids run around. They desperately need to release their pent up energy. What do I mean they, I mean we!!!

The Carney Family said...

Cute pictures! I love how Connor's school seems to get the families involved, that's so neat. Hey, funny thing... I told Freeman that we were doing haircuts today and he asked if he could have Connor's haircut. I thought it was funny that he noticed Connor's new do.

Barnes Family said...

Hey Megan! I'm glad you found out how to change your font. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about that. Your blog is really cute!
It looks like you guys are having so much fun! We miss the warm weather there in Arizona this time of year. I'll remember to feel sorry for you guys when it's 125 down there in July.