Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bring On The Heat!!

The days are starting to warm up around here. After living in Phoenix for almost 4 years, I still haven't gotten used to it! I sometimes wonder if I ever will! Now that it is heating up, we can enjoy the outdoor pool. Yesterday was one of those days. We took the kids swimming, and of course, they had a great time! People always ask what we do for fun when it is so hot. Well, I suppose we spend a lot of time at the pool!

There are good and bad things about the weather here. For one, we don't have to shovel snow or scrape ice from our car windows. We don't have to wait for the heater in the car to finally be hot, but we do have to wait for the air conditioner to finally be cold! We also don't have to bundle up the kids just to get to the car. However, we do have to keep track of hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, flip flops, and water bottles. We also don't have to worry about snow in April. We do have to walk as quickly as possible through the parking lot, to finally reach an air conditioned store (and so our feet don't burn on the pavement!) I guess we just went from one extreme to another when we moved here! I can't decide which is best! I wish we could become snowbirds and enjoy the best of both worlds! Maybe when Kelly reaches retirement!



Kelly instructing the boys on some sort of game they had just come up with!



Kate looking longingly at the nice refreshing water!



Mom and Katelyn sat this one out. It was sort of windy and the temperature of the water wasn't really up to mom's liking!



Our chunky Katie Bug! By the way, she is seven months and in size 4 diapers! Carson never got out of size 3 at 2 1/2 years! She is pretty fun to squeeze! She also looks a lot like Connor did. We call her our red headed Connor!



The boys in the pool!


More fun with Daddy in the pool!

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey, maybe the police department is hiring in San Diego! Just kidding. I can't imagine that kind of heat...whew, thank goodness for air conditioning!

Unknown said...

I'm always jealous when I hear about the warm weather in California and Arizona, but if I were in Arizona I would probably be jealous of the cooler weather in Utah! That picture of you and Katelyn is REALLY cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan, I dont think I have your email address, just the blog! You can email me jen@photojenic.net to give it to me so I can use it for future mails =) Anyway, thanks for finding me on blogging...how do you search for people anyway? Your family is cute, it is crazy to see our boys so grown and to see us both have girls so close too! I hope you are doing well in Buckeye. Did I send you a birth announcement? I can't remember if I have your address. Anyway, cute family! Take care and keep in touch.

Tina said...

Yes, I am jealous. My sister brags to me about this constantly and keeps telling us we need to move there. I keep telling her she needs to move back here! Katelyn is do cute, and I LOVE chubby babies. They are so huggable and kissable!

The Carney Family said...

I love the pics! Hey, in reply to your playlist question. Just go to playlist.com and to your playlist. When you go through the process of wanting to add your playlist to your blog and you go get the code for it, it asks you if you want random/shuffle so check the box for that. I hope that helps. -tiff

SuAnn McFadden said...

I sure do enjoy seeing the pictures of the kids & how they grow & change. I was happy to see some pictures of Megan. I know she loves to have her picture taken (she always has) but I guess she is the one usually taking the pictures instead of being in them. The pool looks very inviting but I think it will be awhile before we are swimming outdoors in Utah. It is supposed to be in the low 70's this weekend--heatwave!!

JaNece said...

Hi Megan!
I am your Swap partner! It is so fun to read about your life and see your family and cute kids! I'm excited to get your package to you! And I am very jealous of the warm weather! It's still like 50 degrees here and it's APRIL!!

JaNece Mendoza

Diane said...

I LOVE looking at pictures of your family. You guys look like you should be on a picture postcard! I agree with the others who say they'd like to just squeeze your kids...they're so darn cute! Happy hot weather!