Friday, August 29, 2008

Our Four Legged and Furry Friend...

I seem to always post things about my kids and the silly things they do. I thought for a change, I would post about the 6Th member of our family. She is a two year old yellow lab named Sadie. She happens to be the best dog in the world (at least we think so!)



Reasons to love Sadie:
-She is so mellow. Unless she is being riled up by her master, (a.k.a. Kelly) she is just very mild mannered.

-She is so good with the kiddos. Never once has she snipped, growled, or shown any aggression to them, or anyone else for that matter.




-She is a great thing for the kids to climb on or wrestle with. They even try and ride her like a pony.



-She doesn't seem to mind when Katelyn grabs at her paws, tail, ears, mouth or whatever she can get her hands on.





-She is a great bug catcher! We tend to get a few crickets now and again (okay, we get TONS of crickets all the time!) and Sadie will chase them down and eat them. It is kind of nice to have a built in cricket eater!



-She is a good guard dog. Well, she is good at alerting us of any guest. But she is a little afraid of them once we've opened the door. She will usually run away with her tail between her legs. Forget the guarding, she is just good at the alerting part!



-She is a good traveler. Since we have had Sadie, she has traveled with us every time we have gone to Salt Lake. She does much better in the car then any of our children!



All in all, Sadie is a fun pet to have. She is very loving, gentle, and patient. We wouldn't trade her for anything!

10 comments:

Sara said...

How cute! It sounds like our Mandy and your Sadie have a lot in common! We just got a choclate lab puppy last month and we're hoping she turns out just like Mandy. I think Mandy and Sadie would be the best of friends! I love checking in our your cute family from time to time. I hope everything is going well! It looks like it is.

Becky Glover said...

We have 2 chocolate labs and I always tell my friends if you have kids there is just no better dog to have. Ours are getting so old - buddy we've had since Meg was 2 and she's 11. He's really starting to move around slower, you can tell his joints are hurting him. Makes me sad - they sleep with us and everything ( I know it's crazy!) so I have my six foot six husband and two huge dogs in my bed. It's a Cal King but it's still not big enough. Cute pics of Katelynn with the doggy -she seems so sweet (the dog and the baby:))

Kimberly said...

We had a golden retriever when I was a kid. She was the best dog! Your descriptions of Sadie reminded me of her! I would love to get a dog someday, but not until the kids are older!

Unknown said...

We saw some golden lab puppies in our neighborhood a few weeks ago. It made me want one SO BAD! I love dogs...I just don't want to have to clean up more poop than I already do!

The Harding Hive said...

Oh my gosh Megan, those pictures of Sadie with your baby are soooo cute. What a great dog. That is funny that we did similar posts on the same day.

By the way, we know atleast 9 dogs named Sadie and one horse. I guess it is more of a dog name than a human name.

Lynette said...

THAT'S the kind of dog we need! Now I've just got to convince my husband (he wants a St. Bernard!)... :) :)

What a great family pet!

Kelley Rae said...

WE've wanted a dog for so long, but don't have a fence so we've been holding off. But when we get one I sure hope it's like your Sadie!

The Carney Family said...

We love Sadie! It's so nice to know that we can trust Sadie around our kids. We wish Tohbi would follow her lead... sorry Connor... I love that Sadie had shotgun on your road trip!Ha ha.

Tina said...

I love your dog. I have 3 labs...2 chocolate and 1 yellow and I love them like kids!! Thye can be a handful but yet, labs are the best dogs in the world.

Barnes Family said...

Oh what a cute pooch! When we moved from Utah to Arizona we gave our yellow lab McPherson away.. We didn't think he would do well in the small back yard since he was used to an acre to roam on. We really miss him. They are totally a part of the family.